May 23, 2006

A Nice Break

I have been on a bit of a holiday, both physically and mentally. I just got back from spending three days on Pangkor Island, enjoying the sun, the surf and a buddy's wedding. It was a nice break from the last few weeks of school.



I have also been taking a break mentally; trying to stay away from the news, but as always it lingers in the corners. It has been a bit comforting that The New School booed and gave John McCain a hard time at their commencement, as did the students of BU when Condie Rice tried to wash them with her spiel. I will not get into the bad news stories.

I simply wanted to make a quick post to say that life is good and I am here, just waiting for some kind of inspiration to write. In the mean time:

1. I find it weird that I am listening extensively to the same two bands I was obsessed with in 1992, the year I graduated high school. Yes, the new Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chilli Peppers albums are all I have listened to since May 2nd. Everyday I find new nuggets and gems of brilliance on both.

2. I am reading a book called Collapse by Jared Diamonds, the author of Guns, Germs, and Steal, and loving it. If you are at all curious about the fate of mankind in a biological environmental perspective this is for you.

I guess that’s it. Once again I am lost in my music, my books and my work. There is no other place I would rather be…Until I find some time and desrire to write more, I leave you with this:




Like a tear in all we know
Once dissolved, we are free to grow
“What is human?,…What is more?”
I’ll answer this
When I get home

No comments:

Post a Comment