July 13, 2006

Self-Portrait as_________Week Two:

The moment that will apparently change my life forever has finally come, and it has already changed it dramatically. My first child, a beautiful little girl, was born this last Saturday, and I am a new dad. People are right, this feeling is like nothing I have ever experienced before. The love, the worry, the fear, the warmth, the comfort all wrapped up in a crying, farting, spitting, cooing, little bundle is both overwhelming, but also very satisfying. So for this weeks challenge I have submitted:
My Self-Portrait as a new dad!



I hope to start a new blog soon with my thoughts and experiences on fatherhood. But in the meantime, I spend much of my time either changing diapers, walking around shhhing, or simply staring at this new miracle.

To see other people's portraits click here

11 comments:

  1. you enjoy every moment- the blogs will be here. the precious moments won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you going to tell us her name? or not- that's fine too- she's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations. she is adorable... and will change and grow while watching her. magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! And "welcome to the club" as one father said to me once (I know I'm a mom...but that feeling is still the same) That is a beautiful photo that you will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I recognize that look in your eyes, having seen it in myself and my husband--a bit haggard, I think, but absolutely astounded and this tiny little person cudddled up on your chest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats daddy! Enjoy the blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BZ, she looks very long - like she's going to be a tall girl. I love the photo. Infancy is just such a miracle to watch -- everything is interesting to a baby, everything. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a photograph you will treasure for all of time. It is beautiful and says soooo much.

    Daddies and their little girls have a relationship beyond compare. I know of such things. My father was the best of the best.

    Enjoy the many moments of fatherhood, and congratulations to you!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. It is a beautiful picture.indeed. One to treasure

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right on man, very happy for you three. Good mom didn't exercise Her constitutional right to kill her baby a few months ago. But enough of politics, glad all is well and keep up the thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete