May 18, 2007

Have You Ever Heard of Jo Wilding?

I was browsing through my news pages when I came across this article, which led me to a book called Don't Shoot The Clowns by a blogger named Jo Wilding, which later led me to a film called A Letter To A Prime Minister. I guess my point is that there is a lot of information out here in cyber land, and we cannot simply sit back and say we do not know what is happening through out the world. The hardest part is knowing what to do about it. I am still at a loss. However, I for one am excited to get my hands on this book and movie and try to put a human face on the occupation.
"You can’t talk about democracy and ‘Do you agree with the war or not, did we do the right thing?’ if you don’t know what we actually did and what actually happened to people. I was just in one city and I talked to a fraction of the people who were affected but still, I think I was able to hear and then tell a lot of people’s stories. The number of people who read the blog and responded to it backed that up.”

1 comment:

  1. "The hardest part is knowing what to do about it. I am still at a loss."
    i think we're doing it.

    ReplyDelete