May 4, 2007

Sleeping Lessons

We need a new anthem! I am not sure who the we is to which I am referring, but I know that I am a part of it and, if you want to be a part of it too, all you have to do is sing along:

Just put yourself in my new shoes,
And see that I do what I do,
Because the old guard still offend,
They got nothing left on which we depend.
So enlist every ounce
Of your bright blood,

And off with their heads.The Shins have given us the sacred song. You can’t go wrong with a song that uses the word eviscerate, starts of with a dreamy E A B chord progression, and ends in a Strokes influenced rhythm pattern. Sleeping Lessons will have you jumping around the room and smiling- as if you finally, after a lifetime of questions, have some sort of answer:

Jump from the hook,
You're not obliged to swallow
anything you despise


This song is as close to perfection as we are going to get. The entire album, Wincing The Night Away is phenomenal, but this opening track is the piece de resistance. I am not sure if I am breaking any laws here by embedding the song, but what the hell, take a listen for yourself!


You need Quicktime!

No comments:

Post a Comment