June 2, 2010

New Music

A few nights ago, I was sitting with my neighbor and good friend talking about how we wished there was a new sound in music. I am not as up to date as I would like to be on the music scene these days. New bands trickle into my consciousness, through a variety of different channels, but I can rarely determine how or when they will surface.

I was excited to have been pleasantly surprised this last week, as two new bands have set up camp in my play lists. Let me start with Band of Horses. @tenflyingfaces sent me this link to the lead singer of Band of Horses singing Hunger Strike with Pearl Jam. Liking his goofy persona and inspired zeal:



I downloaded their first two albums: Everything All The Time and Cease To Begin. Think a hint of The Shins, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill and Neil Young. A hippie infused, solid rock, indie folk band. I don’t have much else to say right now other than I have listened to little else for a week. See for your self:





The other band is Mumford and Sons. One album. Four young men from West London in their early twenties, they have fire in their bellies, romance in their hearts, and rapture in their masterful, melancholy voices. Enough said. Enjoy:



3 comments:

  1. Nita Noveno9:19 PM

    Jabiz, thanks! I've been wanting to quench my thirst for new music and this fits the bill. I especially love Mumford and Sons. Hope you and family are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. Here is one for you.. might like the trash can sinatras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem guys. Thanks for reading and checking in.

    ReplyDelete