April 24, 2012

Not Much Else

I'm not sure what happens to me when I watch this video-- I have watched it four times since this afternoon. I do know, however, that I get it. I get it on a gut wrenching level. I get it as a dad. I get it as a son. I get it in a way that anyone who has ever watched a clock or taken a breath can get anything.

This is it. This is life. Time. Love. Memory. Story. The sheer impermanence and inanity of our lives for all to see. A playful lapse of a lifetime flashing before our eyes. Twelve years race by in two minutes-- a lifetime in twenty minutes.

It's almost funny when it ends like this, but not in death. This is what I see on my daughters' faces every night before they sleep, and again when they wake. Are we anymore than reflections of time?

But...o...h...w......e...........can.........s.........l...........o.........w..........i............t...............a...........l...........l...........
................................................................................................down. Way down.

There is more to life and at the same time, not much else.
Blog acting weird, so if video is not embedded please click here to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment