October 9, 2006

It’s Okay To Eat Fish


Underneath the bridge
The tarp has sprung a leak
And the animals I’ve trapped
Have all become my pets
And I’m living off of grass
And the drippings from the ceiling
It’s okay to eat fish
cause they don’t have any feelings

Nirvana


I have never been one to advocate my vegetarianism. For me, not killing animals and eating them is a personal decision; I don’t feel the need to convert the world. Although is you want to be converted I would recommend starting with a book called Beyond Beef by Jeremy Rifkin is a good place to start. My choice has always been a malleable and adaptable preference. Eat chicken. Don’t eat chicken. Eat sushi. Don’t eat sushi. Currently, I am off the flesh completely and slowly trying to work my way off dairy products, although I have had a relapse and can’t seem to stay away from that damn cheese.

As a vegetarian and scuba diver, I couldn’t resist sharing this article. Just something to think about.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting link about fish. I am also a vegetarian who struggles with where to draw the line. I admire you for trying to cut out dairy -- I know that I should go there, but I don't think I have the will.

    What I like about your post is how you expressed that you don't have to have all the answers to be a vegetarian. Like everything, it's a journey where you have to always try to figure out what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:10 PM

    Not to take a serious, thought-provoking article, and make light, but... This makes Alex's fear of the tiny yellow fish chasing him around a little more realistic. Who knew fish could think?

    Btw: I could never give up cheese. I don't know how the vegans do it. Eggs, sure, no problem. But, cheese. Oh no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looove cheese!! i have to have yoghurt and a splash of milk in the morning coffee. other than that- i haven't had red meat or much dairy in like 2 weeks and i lost 10 lbs. course i haven't had sweets either and it is killing me. i am supposed to eat beans and lentils and whole grains on my diet. veggies and fruits. no meat. sigh. but i find that i really don't mind- except for ice cream and cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:23 AM

    Very nice blog!
    Visit my page:www-franco.blogspot.com
    it pays well,
    see the video
    it dependens on you!

    ReplyDelete