September 18, 2007

Self-Portrait Challenge- Bathroom- Peaking Back In

Wow! It feels like such a long time since I have connected with the SPC crowd. After religiously taking a Self-Portrait every week for a year, I have been away since June. I have had a busy summer, moving from Malaysia to Qatar and all the stress that comes from moving your entire life from one country to another. I have a new job, a new house, a new car and blah, blah, blah, you can see where that train is headed.

I have, however, felt very guilty for not sticking with my SPC routine. I have been itching to get back into it. As weird as this may sound, I miss taking pictures of myself. The act of capturing a different weekly rendition of myself, connected me to myself in a way that nothing else has ever done. I like seeing my self alter and transform over the months in images. I was hoping the September challenge would inspire me to start up again, but here we are in week three and I have yet to snap a shot in my bathroom. I think this inability to resume this project is due to the fact that while I have set-up a home in the rest of my house, the bathroom is still a bit of a mess. I didn’t feel like it was the proper setting for my reintroduction to SPC.

Having said that, I am realizing that the important part of these photographs is how I fit into the setting and not the settings themselves. I have rambled long enough; no more excuses. It is time to take a picture and get the ritual back on track. I feel a bit rusty and my ideas need some time to flow again; last night as I brushed my teeth and got ready to crawl into bed and read, I decided to grab my camera and take my shot. I hoped for a very simple, not edited, or even thought out image. I wanted it to be a sort of peaking in or I should say peaking back into me and my life. Here I am:

Good to be back everyone.

8 comments:

  1. oh THERE you are...
    so much adventure for you lately. thanks for the comment yesterday and so glad that you are once again up for the spc challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for the peeking comeback!
    missed you
    Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:43 AM

    welcome back! hope your travels and move were safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Welcome back to SPC :) I admit I have not been posting much either. But I finally did this week as well.

    Oh... and your house? GORGEOUS! I am completely in love with it.

    ~Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:56 PM

    Good to SEE you again. Well done.

    LC

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have been checking in with your blog- and kaia's. glad things are getting settled and that you all are adjusting to the new surroundings. can't wait for your posts on your class :)

    ReplyDelete