January 4, 2011

Corpus

Make a photograph with a symbol or an icon in it today.

The first thing that came to my mind when I heard symbol was Apple. Could be because we have four different Apple computers at our house and are still wanting an iPhone, iPad, you know anything with an little i in front of it. I have a love hate relationship with Apple. On the one hand I love their products and find that they allow me the type of sleek, seamless access I need to do the things I love to do: Access the web, edit photos, basically do all things tech. On the other hand, I hate the obvious corporate control they have over not only an entire industry, but also my wants and needs.They are very good and making me want what they are selling, even if I can see the control they have. Their marketing is genius.

There are few other companies that saturate the media with this iconic symbol and make us all want to...well they just make us want don't they?

Anyway, I could write much more than this, but I will let the picture do the talking. This is a shot of the old pod iMac that we have in our daughter's play room. I wanted to do something gritty. We so often see the shiny apple in a digitaly white world, so I wanted to bring some contrast and grit to the image. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment