January 2, 2016

Kunta Rabbit Hole

Today was (and still is) a slow lazy day. Was a bit tired from staying up passed 1am last night. I fell into a deep Kendrick Lamar rabbit hole.

Yeah, I know I am the last person on earth to realize that he is a bit of a mad genius. Couldn’t get the song King Kunta out of my mind, and so I watched interview after interview (one with him interviewing N.W.A) He is a fascinating artist and I can’t get enough.

So I woke up a bit lethargic and groggy; fortunately not much was expected of me on this last Saturday of the X-mas holiday break. I took down the decorations and the tree and then made some candles with Kaia.

Then off to a delicious lunch of dumplings and noodles at Tall Girl Cuisine with George and Claire. It was nice to catch up.

A few minutes later we ran into Keri-Lee and Miles at the mall and had another catch up and then Cindy and Lee popped over for a coffee and yes another catch up, and now I am getting ready for a meal at Original Sin with Kim and Alex.
I’m full and bloated and ready to eat.


Lessons learned:
  1. Food is good and eating food with friends is good.
  2. Friends are good and although you might love where you live, it is always better when your friends are back in town.
  3. We are building some great friendships here in Singapore and I’m thankful that I have so many interesting groups of people to talk to and hang out with.

One more day of holiday and back to work. I am still a bit behind on marking, but I did what I could, and I am ready to get back to opening eyes, hearts and minds.
Five weeks and I am headed back to Daraja Academy with a group of UWCSEA students. Yeah, life is good so far in 2016.

Hope your year has started off good too:



Now I run the game got the whole world talkin' .....

No comments:

Post a Comment