January 9, 2016

With The Boyz

“I got a bone to pick
I don't want you monkey mouth motherfuckers sittin' in my throne again
I'm mad, but I ain't stressin’. True friends, one question…”

Woke up this morning exhausted. #fourinarowfrriday. I taught the hell out of those four classes. but I was exhausted at the end of the day. How much of yourself can you pour into theses kids and these days, before you disappear? You leave it all in the classroom, but then you sweep up what’s left and try to make up a person you call self.

I spent the evening with the boyz.

Don’t do that too often, but it felt necessary this Friday night. They don't expect any photos. They don't want any documentation. We ate. We drank. We threw frisbees. We drank. We ate. The sun set.

There is something about men hanging with men and being men. that feels natural.  No matter who you become, sometimes you need to shoot the shit and let the hours pass as the suns sets and the winds blows.

It’s way past midnight and Kendrick Lamar is on my headphones and I am not sure what I need to say.

It was a good night in January. And now I need to sleep. I hope that is enough.

Lesson Learned:

  • Be a man if you are a man. Be a woman if you are a women and be prepared to understand your experience.
  • Writing after midnight, blasting Kendrick Lamar, after a night of Frisbee golf and drinking beer is not as easy as you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment