March 5, 2016

Comfort

Just got home from a lovely and chill dinner and Lee​ and Cindy​’s. Two light salads, some pumpkin soup, fresh bread, a cocktail, some wine and good conversations in the yard. It felt good to be out amongst the living. This has been a social weekend so far, last night was a good time too and today was super relaxed.

Woke up to a belated Valentine’s Day breakfast in-bed, prepared by Kaia- complete with tea and fresh fruit salad. She got up early to make it, but waited till I was awake to bring it to me in bed. Later we moved to the couch and watched The Karate Kid, which was one of my favourite movies as a kid, and I am glad to say it still stands up. A bit slow at times and pretty long, but Kaia was into it, especially after she got over the “gross” and flagrant flirting between Daniel and Alli. We all cheered out loud when Johnny gets his comeuppance in the end.

At one point Kaia asked, “Why are there no girls in this Karate tournament?” Good questions Kaia. “Because girls do Karate all the time, and I am sure they would want to participate in a tournament like this.” Yup, I totally agree. “Well, this was in the 80’s, I bet things were different back then.” That's my girl.

After a quick lunch of left over pizza we headed to Vivo City for some shopping. I can’t give too many details because it is a bit of a personal and sensitive issue for Kaia; as she gets older it feels weird to talk about her in a space where she can’t follow the conversation, but it was very special for moment for me and her, and I feel the need to at least mention it.

We headed to Zara kids and did some training bra shopping. We had a great conversation in the car and she asked some very insightful questions about body changes, body image, growing up, boys and girls and a few other things. Like I said, I have a lot to say about it, but will just leave it at that for now.

I am just so thankful that she feels comfortable with me and we were both okay to share this moment. I hope that when she grows up and remembers these times, she will be happy too. Happy that she was able to have such open talks with her dad. I hope we can maintain this openness for the rest of her life. It is so stranger and cool and beautiful to see her growing up.

After some ice cream and a quick smoothie we were back home. Took some naps and off to dinner with Lee and Cindy, Mike​ and Rose​.



Not sure what tomorrow holds. Maybe a long bike ride, some bowling, a decent lunch, more naps, pool time. We have no plans but to enjoy a mellow Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment