November 5, 2016

The Gentle Solitude Of Sleep

The cursor is blinking and the page is blank.

The day comes back to me in snippets and chunks.
There was a lot of driving: Kaia to sewing. Us to Wild Honey. Back to get Kaia. Back home. Skye to birthday party. Lots of time on the highway.


At one point I was blasting Siamese Dreams and Mellon Collie to Kaia as we drove in silence. She seemed to enjoy it. Not sure how much she absorbed…

Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanliness
And cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like me
Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Bullshit fakers, enchanted kingdoms
The fashion victims chew their charcoal teeth

…but I am hoping it was enough.

Had dinner at Artichoke with old and new friends. Put on the smile. Listened to the talk. Tried to join in. These communities and families we have created continue to grow and need tending. How did we get here? Where are we headed? Can I still tag along?

Now home. It is early(ish) Saturday night. An ice cold glass of water. Some Halloween candy and the promise of a few pages of fiction before the gentle solitude of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment