February 3, 2011

Dragon Invasion

Today's prompt was to go out and find something "newsworthy." The problem is that while living overseas may sound exotic, (it sometimes is), on a day-to-day basis our lives are pretty boring and suburban.

The most exciting thing to happen to us today was Chinese New Year at the mall.  I am sure I could have scoured Jakarta for much more newsworthy pics, but with a family and my two girls this was all I could muster. This is good motivation, however, for me to break away from the norm and begin  exploring Jakarta for photo opportunities beyond Pondok Inda.

The challenge here was to make something as drab and lifeless as a mall come to life. This dragon really is stunning and I hope this picture captures that spirit.
Pretend you're a stringer for your local newspaper today. Make a photo that captures something newsworthy to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment