July 22, 2016

The Dystopian Age

I watched the entire one hour and sixteen minute Donald Trump speech. I took some notes.I am now blasting Rage Against The Machine. It is 11:06 and my mind and heart are not right.


“Yeah I'm rollin' down Rodeo wit a shotgun
These people ain't seen a brown skin man
Since their grandparents bought one.”


“We hungry but them belly full
The structure is set ya neva change it with a ballot pull.”



We have entered the dystopian age.

George Orwell was right and the word Truth no longer has any meaning. We have entered the age where anyone can say anything over and over, only to punctuate the lies with “believe me” and the masses chant and cheer. I cannot think of a political system on the planet that is more dysfunctional, broken or dangerous then the rise of contemporary American Fascism.


The two party corporate system has not only destroyed the voice of the people, but has moved the political system further and further to the right. So that we are now looking at the biggest liar, cheat and bully who is acting like the victim and pretending that he loves the working class, minorities and the LGBTQ communities, all while pushing a platform that targets every one of these communities. Up is down. Lies are truth.


We have entered the dystopian age.


“No one knows the system better than me. That is why I alone can fix it.”


“Believe me. Believe me.”


“WE ARE GOING TO WIN. WE ARE GOING TO WIN FAST!”


“WE DON’T WANT THEM IN OUR COUNTRY.”


“I’ve made billions of dollars and I will make our country rich again.”


“Trillions of dollars will come flowing into our country. We will create millions of jobs.”


“We will completely rebuild our depleted military.”


“I AM YOUR VOICE!”


“Believe me. Believe me.”


“I will be your champion.”


“I’m with you. I will fight for you and I will win for you.”


OMG. OMG. OMFG.


Fuck. He is good. A perfect actor. A perfect candidate. He is a monster. This is not a nightmare. This is not a nightmare. This is not a nightmare. He is good. A perfect actor. A perfect candidate.


We are doomed.


First I almost started crying.
Then I almost threw up. I cannot bare much more of this.
Then I wanted to grab a baseball bat, crank Rage Against the Machine and destroy everything in sight.


Has anyone checked to see if Donald Trump has plagiarised any Hitler speeches? This seems oddly familiar.


We are disgusting and shallow and petty and ugly. There is nothing beautiful or complex about us. We are grotesque and hideous and everyone in the world is repulsed by everything we do. We are not the best or blessed or ever taken seriously. We are the lowest common denominator, but we think we are the golden ticket. We could be the most unintelligent generation of Americans in the history of this country.


truMP. truMP. trUMP. trUMP. TRUMP. TRUMP. TRUMP!


Hey America, quick note, the world doesn’t care that much about us. Tone it down a notch.


Can someone please promise me that after November 9th we will never see Donald Trump again? Like ever.







The hope is in the future. Here is a comment from a Daniel a former student of mine I taught him in grade 8 years ago and this is what he has to say,


“As our country, and directly - our world, becomes more globalized, there is no more room for radical opinions. That's not to say their views aren't important - or even relevant. Just that they're dated, and detrimental to society's progress into a globalized network.”


Maybe the work we do as teacher matters.


Ya standin' in line
Believin' the lies
Ya bowin' down to the flag
Ya gotta bullet in ya head


Ya standin' in line
Believin' the lies
Ya bowin' down to the flag
Ya gotta bullet in ya head


A bullet in ya head
A bullet in ya head
A bullet in ya head
A bullet in ya head
A bullet in ya head
A bullet in ya head
A bullet in ya head
A bullet in ya head
A bullet in ya head!
A bullet in ya head!
A bullet in ya head!
A bullet in ya head!
A bullet in ya head!
A bullet in ya head!
A bullet in ya head!





The tears are forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment