October 29, 2016

When The Man Gets Home

We parented the hell out of today. 
Started off with a birthday party at Build-A Bear for Skye- cupcakes, bears, and pizza and Pastamania. Quick lunch at Jamie’s for the adults and preparation for progressive East Coast Halloween. Kids had a blast. Adults too. We have great friends with great kids and we are truly blessed.

It’s now eleven thirty and I am listing to How You Gonna See Me Now, an Alice Copper ballad from 1978 that I used to listen to as a kid from my dad’s records. It still sounds magical Mehran. It came up for some reason in conversation and suddenly it is 1985. I am 11 and listening to this song on our turntable.


"How you gonna see me now
Please don't see me ugly babe
'Cause I know I let you down
In oh so many ways
How you gonna see me now
Since we've been on our own
Are you gonna love the man
When the man gets home.."



Tomorrow is an early morning with basketball and an afternoon movie. Dr. Strange? Maybe.

Early evening will include a haircut. A shave. A drink. A dinner. It is Sunday and this is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment